Monday, October 4, 2010

ADVICE PLEASE!!

You guys know that I love to clean, yes love. Aaron says I use any excuse I can get to vacuum. I love it because I love seeing the finished project, and with two boys, it is a project!!! Well I have come upon a mess, that I can not defeat!!

We have linoleum in our kitchen, and it is a BEAST!!! I have had it in previous apartments, but have always been able to keep it clean. I use a swifer mop at least once a week, and about twice a month, I am on my hands and knees scrubbing it with hot water and soap. Two days after I scrub the floor, on my hands and knees, it is disgusting again! How can I tell? My boys knees, feet, and clothes. There feet and clothes are black, and I mean black. West's knees are also black. I am so tired of scrubbing the floor on my hands and knees!! I need help!! Does anyone have any advice, on how I can keep the floor clean? Please help!!!!!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

You could always steam clean the floor:) That works pretty good I think. You are not wierd. I like to clean...not constantly but sometimes I get in crazymoods. Vaccuming is my favorite:)

Sommer said...

Do you walk with shoes on your linoleum? I know that's weird to ask, but the same thing was happening to me (Jack's knees were SO black all the time) and I finally insisted upon the "no shoes on in the house" policy and it has kept it much cleaner for longer. Just a thought. :)

Kevin and Eliza said...

Could it possibly be the carpet and not the linoleum. In my experience that is what the problem has been. I would try washing your carpet and see if that helps. Good luck!

Kelsey said...

I was going to say the same thing as Eliza. I had the same problem in a college apartment, and it was the carpet that was the problem, and it transferred from our feet to the kitchen floor. But here's the catch--our carpet wasn't dirty, it was cheap. So cheap that the dye from the dark carpet stained our feet. Talk about cheap landlords!

Liz said...

I suggest steam cleaning your carpet, and making it a rule that shoes come off at the door.

I never really thought about shoes on carpet, but Brad's family had to do it in Japan and got used to doing it. Then I started to notice that it really makes a big difference.